A dog lovers gift with a difference
We’re delighted to announce the launch of our new charity key rings for Guide Dogs. Each key ring features the Guide Dogs official mascot and has been handcrafted at our factory in Sheffield. You can buy one of our pewter pooches from our website for four pounds and we’ve pledged that 59% from each sale will go to the charity.
Wentworth Pewter started supporting Guide Dogs three years when co-directors, Richard and Jayne both completed the Yorkshire 100K in aid of the charity. Jayne has been doing a breath-taking job of running half-marathons ever since. Here are some of the facts and figures which show why buying a Guide Dogs key ring can make a difference for someone with sight loss:
- • Guide Dogs rely on donations from the public to keep their life-changing services running.
- • In 2016, less than 1% of their income came from government funding.
- • Almost two million people in the UK are living with sight loss that has a significant impact on their daily lives.
- • Over the last seven years, the waiting list for Guide Dog’s service has grown by over 25%.
- • There are around 30,000 children and young people in the UK who have vision impairment.
How Guide Dogs makes a difference
- • 180,000 people with sight loss rarely leave home alone.
- • Only one in three people who are blind or partially sighted (of working age) is employed.
- • 43% of people who lose their sight suffer from depression.
- • Almost 50% of people who are blind or partially sighted feel cut off from the people and things around them.
- • More than 70% of people who are blind or partially sighted lack confidence to join in everyday activities.